Our compost site is a great resource for residents to dispose of leaves, grass clippings, brush, tree branches and additional clean yard waste. Review the information below to learn more.
Residents of the following are eligible for the Sartell compost site:
- City of Sartell
- City of St. Cloud
- LeSauk Township
Residents of the following are ineligible for the Sartell compost site:
- Cities of St. Joseph, Waite Park, Sauk Rapids, Rice, St. Stephen
- Townships of St. Joseph, Watab, Brockway, St. Wendel
- Any other City or Township not listed under Eligible.
COMPOST SITE LOCATION
SPRING/SUMMER HOURS (April 18, 2020 - October 4, 2020) (weather permitting)(TENTATIVE - BASED ON STATE GUIDELINES)
Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday: 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
*The city reserves the right to close due to inclement weather.
- From Sartell City Hall, take Pinecone Road South to the 4 way stop at the Heritage Drive and Pinecone Road Intersection.
- Take a right onto County Road 133 for about 2 miles to County Road 4.
- Take a right onto County Road 4, and the next right on 30th Avenue North. You will see the Sartell Compost Site on your right!
Purchase a Permit
Read this information before purchasing a permit online.
Online compost permits are $30.00 for City of Sartell residents and $70.00 for St. Cloud and LeSauk Township residents.
Individuals must fill out all required fields during the purchasing process. Information includes vehicle make, color, and license plate number. If any information is missing or the correct permit amount is not paid, a permit will not be issued. If a permit is purchased on a weekend, a printed receipt will prove as proof of purchase to a Compost Site Attendant.
New vehicle permits are available at the Sartell City Hall for purchase. Permits will not be available at the compost site and entrance will not be granted without a sticker. The compost site permits will need to be displayed in the front driver side window of your vehicle.
If you need additional stickers or replacement stickers, they can also be purchased at Sartell City Hall for a charge of $10.00. (Please put information for additional stickers on the application form. The city reserves the right to check license plate numbers to ensure that the vehicles are registered to you.)
Select the quick pay option when purchasing permits online.
PURCHASING BY MAIL
To purchase a sticker through the mail, download and complete this permit application. Send the application and fee of $30.00 (or $70.00 if you are a resident of the City of St. Cloud or LeSauk Township) to:
Sartell City Hall
125 Pinecone Rd N
Sartell, Mn 56377
Rules and Regulations
- You must be a Sartell resident. LeSauk Township and City of St. Cloud residents are also able to purchase non-resident compost permits for $70.00. (Compost sticker required)
- Commercial haulers and lawn service companies are not eligible to use this site.
- You must register with the supervisor on site before entering the compost site.
- You must have a compost permit sticker attached to the inside bottom of the driver side windshield. Entrance to the compost site will not be allowed without a valid permit.
- Only clean yard waste, brush and tree waste will be accepted. Acceptable yard waste includes leaves, grass clippings, pine cones, pumpkins, acorns, apples, and garden vegetation. Acceptable brush and tree waste include shrubs, tree branches, and firewood.
- The City reserves the right to limit the quantity of brush disposed.
- Unacceptable yard waste includes construction wood, dimensional wood, pallets, stumps or whole tree logs. Yard waste mixed with rocks, metal, concrete, Styrofoam, animal feces, food scraps, or other foreign material is also unacceptable.
- You must empty all bags used to transport compost material and put empty bag(s) into the dumpster or recycle the bags. No plastic bags are to be left on site as they contaminate the compost.
- Branches and yard waste must be separated.
- All loads entering site must be covered to prevent loss of any waste while driving to the compost site.
- After unloading, all trailers, pickup boxes, etc., must be swept clean.
- The equivalent of one pickup load per week of finished compost by permit holders may be taken.
- Residents caught purchasing permits for households and vehicles other than their own will forfeit their permit(s) for the year and all monies paid.