Becoming a Firefighter
Sartell Firefighters Wanted
If you are looking to get involved in the community with a worthy organization, work with some good people and have some fun, please consider taking a look at the Sartell Fire Department.
- Wear a pager and respond 24/7 to fire alarm calls when you are in town
- Daytime availability (or able to be released from your job to respond)
- Ability to complete Firefighter I & II training within 1 year
- Ability to complete First Responder training within 2 years
- Ability to train on the 3rd Tuesday evening of each month for 4 hours
- Ability to pass the physical agility test
- Ability to drive trucks
- Reside within 8 minutes of the Sartell Fire Station
Other Information of Interest
Due to the changing demographics of our community, finding firefighters who are able to respond to a daytime emergency calls has become more challenging and a higher priority
It is important to note that this is not a full-time “career” position and the compensation provided is nominal
Supplement retirement benefits are available to firefighters based on years of service (after 10 years of service)
How to Apply
1. Download application or pick it up at Sartell City Hall.
2. Return completed application to Sartell City Hall.
SARTELL FIRE DEPARTMENT
220 4th Avenue South
PO Box 5
Sartell, MN 56377
EMERGENCIES: Call 911