Notice of Final Assessment Hearing for East Side Improvements
Celebration Alley and Drainage improvements
City Hall Parking Lot Overlay
SRTS and Street & Utility Improvements
Sauk River Park Pedestrian Bridge
East side reconstruction
SEPTEMBER 13th UPDATE:
Schedule and Access Updates: Below is the TENTATIVE project schedule. Note that weather and other construction factors may alter this schedule.
Scott Drive – The contractor plans to start construction of Scott Drive. They will start removals/construction next week (9/16 – 9/20). Temporary mailboxes will be placed on Benton Drive, adjacent to the Scott Drive entrance. **
3rd Street NE – Pavement has been removed and the contractor will start installing utilities Monday 9/16. Utilities are expected to take 3 week (weather dependent). **
** Please note that you should expect partial lane closures, uneven pavement, slowed traffic and periods of limited or no access. We know access is important to you, if you have any questions or concerns with access, please give Brent with C&L Excavating a call at 320.363.1221 Construction is tedious and we understand it can get old quickly. At times, it may even seem like not much is getting done. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
4th Street NE, 6th Street, 7th Street NE & 8th Street NE – Curb and gutter is schedule for this Saturday (tomorrow 9/14) and Monday 9/16. Weather dependent. Please note that you will not be able access your driveway for 5-7 days after concrete has been installed.
6th Street, 5th Street NE & 3rd Ave NE (east of 2nd Ave NE) – Paving is scheduled for Tuesday 9/17, weather dependent.
3rd Avenue NE (North of 8th Street NE) – Services are being installed between 8th Street and 9th Street. After Monday 9/16, sanitary and water main should be completed and the contractor will start to install storm sewer and build back the roadway. **
Alley between Benton Dr. & 2nd Ave and 7th Street & 9th Street. – The water main has been installed. Due to the installation of concrete, restorations have been delayed. The contractor will work to restore the area as soon as possible after concrete has had time cure.
Temporary water has/will be provided when needed. The water connections are phased with the intent of keep water access to all residents. If you experience a water outage please contact Brent with C&L Excavating at 320.363.1221. If you are unable to reach Brent you can also try Troy, our onsite inspector, at 320-237-5884, or myself.
· Private utility companies (gas, cable television, telephone, and electric) continue to relocate existing lines. Please note that although we coordinate with private utility companies, the General Contractor does not direct their construction.
· There will be some deep utility trench construction and, of course, heavy machinery operating on the construction site. Heavy equipment and construction in progress can be strong attractions to everyone, however staying away from construction areas will help keep everyone safe. Please do not go near pipe and construction material storage areas.
· Barricade and traffic control signs may be installed throughout the project area to protect motorists and construction workers during construction. Please pay careful attention to the warning signs!
· The plan is to keep roads open to traffic during most of the construction. However, you should expect partial lane closures, uneven pavement, and slowed traffic.
· Please do not remove any wooden stakes you will see temporarily placed on the boulevards. These stakes are used by the Contractor to construct the project and are expensive to replace.
Project Contact Information:
Troy Anderson (320-237-5884) is SEH’s Project Representative, will be onsite during construction to observe project progress. He is the fastest link to problem solving because he communicates directly with everyone on the construction team. If you are unable to reach Troy in the field, please contact April Ryan at the SEH office. 320.229.4329
Brent Lahr is C & L’s contact during construction for this project. Brent can be reached at 320.363.1221
Arbor Trails 3