Since 1907, Sartell, Minnesota has been alive and growing.
Developed along the Mississippi River, Sartell was once known as “The Third Rapids”, a name given by French fur traders because it was the third collection of rapids they would encounter as they traveled north up the Mississippi River from St. Anthony Falls in Minneapolis.
Sartell got its forever name from Joseph B. Sartell, who arrived in 1854 and worked as a millwright at a local sawmill. In 1877 Joseph B. Sartell opened a flour mill on the Watab-River, near the present day Watab Creek Park, and in 1884 he and his sons started the Sartell Brothers Lumber Company.
Since those early days of the city, Sartell has only continued to grow. Between 1980 and 2000, Sartell experienced an astonishing 181% increase in population. The city is known for its impressive parks system and progressive economic development programs. Get to know Sartell, Minnesota!
Fun Around Sartell