Mayoral Proclamation for Mental Health Awareness Month
Whereas mental health is part of overall health; and
Whereas one in five adults experiences a mental health problem in any given year; and
Whereas approximately one-half of chronic mental illness begins by the age of 14 and three-quarters by age 24; and
Whereas suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States and the 2nd leading cause among young adults, and 90% of people who die by suicide had shown symptoms of a mental health condition, according to interviews with family, friends and medical professionals; and
Whereas long delays-sometimes decades-often occur between the time symptoms first appear and when individuals get help; and
Whereas early identification and treatment can make a difference in successful management of mental illness and recovery; and
Whereas it is important to maintain mental health and learn the symptoms of mental illness in order to get help when it is needed; and
Whereas, every citizen and community can make a difference in helping end the silence and stigma that for too long has surrounded mental illness and discouraged people from getting help; and
Whereas public education and civic activities can encourage mental health and help improve the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, I Ryan Fitzthum, Mayor of Sartell, MN do hereby proclaim May 2021 as Mental Health Awareness Month in Sartell, MN to shine a light on mental illness and fight discrimination, provide support, educate the public and advocate for equal care.
Ryan Fitzthum Mayor of Sartell
Over the years the City of Sartell has talked about needing brand refresh or a complete rebrand, and for good reason. The City’s current brand has been in existence for over 20 years and we are looking forward to hitting the “refresh button.” What does this mean?
- It is more than a logo! The City currently does not have a mission, vision, or list of core values.
- It may or may not involve a complete revamp of our current brand image – we simply will not know until we complete the research and discovery phase.
- Our first step will be a survey to all residents, information below. As a Sartell resident or Sartell business owner, we would love your feedback!
- We are utilizing Switchboard, which is a local company owned by a resident of Sartell.
- We are looking forward to creating brand consistency, aligning our brand with the identity residents recognize, and establishing a mission and vision for the City!
With the help of Switchboard, we have created a survey which will be the main way that we will gather input on our identity and will really kick off the rebranding research. We feel that surveying our residents and businesses is a great way to find the true spirit of the City of Sartell. If you could help us by completing the survey, and spreading the word to other Sartell residents and businesses, we would be very grateful!
Please follow the link below to fill out a survey that will take about 2-3 minutes. The survey will be open from May 19-June 16 and is only open to Sartell residents and businesses.